Spicy Sesame Chickpeas? Yes please!
Is your #NewYearsResolution to learn to cook, become a vegan, go gluten-free, or just add some more spice to your life? We've got the perfect recipe for ya!
Spicy Sesame Chickpeas (VV) (GF) (🔥🔥)
½ tablespoon canola oil
½ teaspoon chopped garlic
¾ (heaping) teaspoon ground paprika
½ (heaping) teaspoon ground fennel seed
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 ⅛ tablespoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon sugar
¾ (heaping) teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
15.5 oz canned chickpeas drained of liquid
DYK our Spicy Sesame Chickpeas came to be because we had so many requests for a GF vegan protein option? But it's also popular with gluten loving meat eaters too!
- Saute garlic in canola oil in a saucepan until lightly browned
- Add paprika, ground fennel, and red pepper flakes and stir. Cook for 15 seconds or until spices are fragrant
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, stirring to mix well
- Pour mixture over chickpeas and stir
- Chill the chickpeas
- Eat with your favorite salad, rice, or noodles!
p.s. You can always turn down the heat of this recipe with a little less crushed red pepper and paprika.
We want to see those Bon Me inspired dishes! Don't forget to tag us on Insta.
~The Bon Me Crew