Bon Me Appetit #8: 8 Treasures Bars
This past Saturday people all over the world celebrated the Chinese New Year, a time of happiness, good fortune, and lots and lots of food.
We wanted to give our fans a little bit of New Year luck with a sweet recipe from our Executive Chef Ali. Check it out!
8 Treasure Chinese New Year Bars
Here's What You Need (yields one 13x9in pan):
- 1 cup oil
- ¾ sugar cup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 2 ½ cups oatmeal
- ¼ cup quinoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup black sesame seeds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 can condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oil, molasses, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix flour, oatmeal, quinoa, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Add dry mixture to wet and stir until just combined
- Pat mixture into a greased baking pan (approximately 13x9), making sure that the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until mixture is lightly browned.
- When cool enough to handle, spread peanut butter on the oatmeal mixture as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle chocolate, nuts, sesame, and coconut over peanut butter.
- Drizzle condensed milk over mixture and place in oven until top is evenly browned, approximately 15 minutes.
- Cut into bars when cool.
Ta-da! You've got a pan of scrumptious, shareable, and sweet desserts (or midday snacks)! If you try this, or any of our recipes out, snap a picture and tag us! We love to see your creations.
~The Bon Me Crew