Breakfast, Bon Me Style
If you aren't lucky enough to live or work around Harvard, you probably haven't been able to try out our breakfast menu yet. For a little over 6 months now, our pink and purple trucks have been getting to the Harvard Science Center bright and early so that we can dish out Bon Me breakfast specials for a few hours.
Our breakfast menu includes our popular Egg Sandwich, a rich and filling Chicken and Egg Congee, and our protein packed Sesame Ginger Yogurt Parfait.
Since we know that not everyone is able to make it out to our Harvard truck at 9 in the morning, we wanted to let you in on our recipe for our Sesame Granola that we use to top the Sesame Ginger Parfait. And with Overnight Oats on the rise, what better time to share our very own granola recipe.
Here's What You'll Need
(Makes 1.5 quarts of granola)
- 12 oz whole oats
- 4 oz granulated sugar - dissolved in 1/8 cup hot water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 6 oil canola oil, or cooking oil of choice
- 2.5 oz unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 oz toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dissolve sugar in hot water. Toss with oats.
- Add salt, cinnamon, and sesame seeds.
- Add oil, mix.
- Spread evenly on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, toss coconut in with granola and return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
Now you can have a Bon Me breakfast no matter where you are!
If you try out this recipe at home, make sure to snap a picture and tag us on Instagram with the hashtag #BonMeAppetit.
If you want to find out where and when are trucks are open, and maybe even meet us for breakfast at Harvard, check out our hours and locations below.
Happy cooking, Foodie Friends!
~The Bon Me Crew